Assistant Winemaker - Permanent
Company: Indevin Ltd
Uploaded: 12 February 2020
Closes: 12 March 2020
We could give you the official (ahem, boring… sorry marketing team) spiel from our website but instead, let’s tell you about the real Indevin:
- We are a good ol’ Kiwi company who is proud to be a wine industry leader and we have years of hard work to thank for it
- We grow grapes and create wine that become international market leaders (that’s no small task)
- We work with people from all over the world because our diversity makes us stronger
- At the end of the day we’re a family and we are very passionate about what we do. We love wine, sharing our knowledge and making Indevin an inspiring place to work.
About Marlborough Winery
We’ve got wineries in Gisborne & Hawke’s Bay but our Marlborough winery is the biggest by far! It has a 35,000 tonne crush capacity and in 2020 we plan to expand it to a whopping 40 million litres of tank capacity.
About The Role
Reporting to the Production Winemaker, this is a key role and will suit someone with a passion for Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc and an excitement to work with vineyards across Marlborough’s diverse and unique sub-regions.
You will need:
- In-depth technical and operational understanding of red and white winemaking processes and systems
- Production planning and project management skills
- Understanding of and commitment to continual improvement and a desire to contribute to a culture of excellence
- Understanding of quality control systems such as ISO, BRC and HACCP
- Strong communication, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Open, honest and quality-driven approach
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Experience in conducting research and development trials
- Ability to work in a large team and not take yourself too seriously
What’s in it for you?
- Excellent renumeration package – aligned to industry
- Commitment to investing in you through our annual personal development programme
- Professional yet fun, family feel environment – we aren’t just saying that either
- Free morning tea and lunch on Wednesdays (and all meals every day, throughout harvest)
- Access to our exclusive wine club which is the only place you can purchase our secret award-winning wine label (and we sell it at cost)
- Fishing, Biking, Boating, Hunting, Hiking, Skiing and Sunshine, if you enjoy any of these then Marlborough is the place for you – relocation support considered for the right candidate
Sound like you? Apply today by dropping us a line and your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.