Assistant Winemaker/ Laboratory Manager
Company: VinPro Ltd
Uploaded: 10 February 2020
Closes: 21 February 2020
We have an excellent opportunity for a motivated person to join our small quality- focused winery team.
VinPro provides custom winemaking, bottling, temperature controlled warehousing and dispatch services to our local wine growing community. Our Cromwell-based winery located in the heart of the world renowned Central Otago region, focuses on quality wine production for clients across all of Central Otago sub regions. We have a modern well-resourced winery with capacity for 900 tonnes and have been crafting quality cool climate wines since 2005.
The Assistant Winemaker/Laboratory Manager role will be hands-on, suiting a person skilled in managing staff and with a sound knowledge of winemaking and laboratory practices. The successful applicant will be hard-working, quality-focused and work well as part of a team or on their own.
While reporting to the Senior Winemaker the role requires:
- Ensuring winemaking specifications are met as directed by the Senior Winemaker
- Cellar/ Laboratory supervision and training
- Liaison with client
- Assistance with winery compliance
- Assistance with resource planning
In addition, you will also have:
- A tertiary qualification in Oenology, or a related field
- Technical and practical knowledge of winemaking with at least 3 years’ experience
- A sound knowledge of compliance requirements related to the wine industry
- Eligibility to work in New Zealand
If you believe you have what it takes and would like to be part of our winemaking team where you can make world class wines, then we would like to hear from you.
Email Pip Battley at email@example.com for a full job description, or to send through your cover letter and CV.
Applications close: Friday 21st February 2020.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Central Otago wine Region, click here.