Uploaded: 28 January 2020
Closes: 28 February 2020
Wine-Searcher is an online Search Engine for wines and spirits. Recognised globally, the company’s head office is in New Lynn, Auckland and our research team is split between offices in Auckland and Wandsworth in South London.
Wine-Searcher helps wine-lovers find their perfect wine or spirit, at the right price - anywhere in the world. To this end, accurate description and correct wine matching is a core function. To achieve this, we require Wine-Specialists with in-depth knowledge of the wines and spirits of different countries, an understanding of local growing regions and methods of production to allow them to interpret the intricacies of local wine and spirit naming.
You will work day-to-day with other Wine Specialists to research and manage the content of our database of more than eleven million wines, matching the details of wines into our global database.
- Demonstrated in-depth wine knowledge, preference will be given to those with an official wine-related qualification (WSET L3 or above).
- Demonstrated analytical/research skills, whether by way of qualification or work experience.
- Strong knowledge of international wines and, in particular, an in-depth understanding of one or more international wine-growing regions.
- A broad understanding of the spectrum of international wines, wine-growing regions and the international wine and spirits trade.
- Very detailed understanding of a region’s wine laws and specific wine-naming conventions.
- Familiarity with basic data and reporting to support online research.
- An ability to work unsupervised with a high degree of accuracy on detail-orientated tasks.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is essential, a second language is also desirable to enable you to liaise directly with suppliers and promoters from a wine’s region of origin.
- Opportunity to work with an international wine team with specialized knowledge.
- Be part of a globally-recognised brand.
- Capability to increase your knowledge of the wines of the world.
This is an office-based, full-time position. Please forward your CV, cover letter and provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship via the apply button below.
Overseas applicants wishing to work in New Zealand must ensure you have the right to work in the country - For information about working in New Zealand, please visit www.immigration.govt.nz
To find out more about this company, visit the website: http://www.wine-searcher.com
- For more information about the greater Auckland wine regions, click here