Company: Pernod Ricard Winemakers
Uploaded: 10 January 2020
Closes: 10 February 2020
Are you looking for a new challenge in a team which makes award-winning wine?
Pernod Ricard Winemakers is part of the Global Pernod Ricard Group – the World’s Co-leader in the Wine and Spirits Industry with an unrivalled collection of brands, including Absolut® Vodka, Chivas Regal®, Jameson®, Jacob's Creek®, Brancott Estate® Church Road ® and more.
Two opportunities have arisen for experienced Vineyard Operators with machinery experience to join our team. We are seeking positive, experienced and self-motivated individuals to join our established viticulture team.
- 1 x Fixed term contract from Jan 2020 – April 2021 (Parental Leave Cover)
- 1 x Permanent role – start ASAP
This is a varied role, you will be required to work on any of our Hawke’s Bay vineyards and be actively involved in all aspects of vineyard work from operating various types of machinery, vine management activities, to supervising casual and contract teams.
So, what are the sorts of things you can expect from this role?
- Carry out day-to-day vineyard tasks safely and efficiently, using viticulture best practice
- Set up, operate and maintain vineyard machinery to a high standard
- Actively participate in improving operational effectiveness
Skills and experience required for this role include:
- Previous vineyard experience
- Understanding of Viticulture practices
- Experience in operating vineyard equipment and machinery
- Adequate levels of fitness due to physical nature of role
- High standards of work, flexibility and ability to build strong relationships
- Strong understanding of technology,including iPads and computers
The successful applicant must have a current full driver license and be prepared to work additional hours, particularly during Vintage. Our sites are all Smokefree.
You must have the ability to legally work within New Zealand to apply for this position.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Hawkes Bay wine region, click here.