Winemaker - Production
Company: Yealands Wine Group Ltd
Uploaded: 09 January 2020
Closes: 09 February 2020
In a short space of time, Yealands Wine Group has established a global presence and become one of the largest exporters of New Zealand wine.
We are looking for a skilled, passionate and enthusiastic Winemaker to join our team to help us to continue to deliver award-winning wines.
The company is in an exciting phase with lots of projects on the go making this is a great time to get in on the action!
Reporting directly to the Chief Winemaker, you will be an integral part of the team seeing our wines through from grape to bottle.
You will be responsible for:
- Planning daily workflows
- Dispatch and blend management
- Working closely with our Production Planner and other Winemakers to ensure production timeframes are met. Involvement in all blending and balancing decisions
- Ensuring maximum productivity, efficiency, accuracy and quality standards every step of the way
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have exceptional attention to detail, be highly-organised and a great communicator
- Have proven winemaking experience working in a medium-to-large winery environment
- Have a passion for wine and the Marlborough wine region
- Love systems, big puzzles and working as part of a dynamic team
- Be agile with exceptional organisational and time management skills
- Be positive, confident, have a good sense of humour, and be a team player
- Show initiative and have a creative approach
- Love to work in a fast-paced environment with many moving parts
Yealands has a commitment to sustainability and we endeavour to work with people who will champion this throughout the organisation and wider community.
If this is you and you are keen to get stuck in, then check out what we have on offer!
- A competitive remuneration package
- Training and development with clear progression and a chance to continue building your career in the wine industry
- Great employee benefits, including Health insurance, long service recognition, quarterly awards and of course monthly wine allowance
- Free transport from Blenheim to the winery
This role is based at our stunning Winery Estate in Seddon. A progressive and ambitious workplace you will be inspired and enthusiastic about the winemaking process. If you thrive in a fun, vibrant, fast-paced environment, our winemaking team would love to meet you.
Ideally we would like this role to be in place for harvest 2020, but we appreciate that is fast approaching! For that reason, the start date is negotiable.
If this sounds like you then get in touch now! You can apply by sending your CV and covering letter through the “Apply Now” button.
Please note, successful applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug & alcohol test.
You must be legally entitled to work in NZ to apply for this role.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.