Company: Loveblock Vintners
Uploaded: 03 January 2020
Closes: 03 February 2020
Loveblock is a small, family-owned brand focusing on organic or minimal intervention farming and winemaking. Our Marlborough vineyards, located in the Awatere Valley, have 75Ha of vines producing mainly Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Gris and Pinot Noir.
We are looking for a permanent full-time Tractor Operator to join our team and report to the Estate Manager. The main tasks are tractor orientated but would also include general vineyard work when required.
- Have experience in vineyard tractor operations.
- Want to work in a small, friendly and varied work environment.
- Have a “can do” attitude.
- Have a full drivers licence.
- Be physically fit and healthy and prepared to work early mornings and some week-ends.
Your day to day tasks will include:
- Tractor operations including:
- Under-vine and inter-row mowing.
- Canopy spraying.
- Ground spraying.
- Spreading compost and other material.
- Ground cultivation and sowing cover crops.
- Track maintenance.
- General tractor work including use of front-end loader, forklift, trimmer, plucker, mulcher and towing.
- Repairs and maintenance.
- Tractor record keeping.
- General vineyard work including:
- Normal canopy work (wire lifting, shoot thinning etc.)
- Winter pruning, stripping and tying down.
- Wire work and trellis maintenance.
- Irrigation work.
- Composting and biodynamic work.
- Organisation and cleanliness of the tool area of the Woolshed.
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for, we look forward to hearing from you!
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.