Company: Pernod Ricard Winemakers
Uploaded: 27 November 2019
Closes: 27 December 2019
We are looking for a Vineyard Operator to join the team, who are based on our Marlborough vineyards, and are responsible for the day-to-day management and maintenance of these vineyards. This role has the potential to be worked on a part time (ie 30hrs) or flexible working hours. You may be looking for a role that can be worked around other commitments like school drop off, or to take on part time work before retirement. This role suits someone who enjoys being hands-on and working outside in beautiful Marlborough.
What does a Vineyard Operator do?
- Equipment use, including ATVs tractors and tractor towed or powered implements such as mowers, post rammers and loader frames.
- Machinery and equipment pre-shift and post shift procedures.
- Irrigation installation and maintenance.
- Trellis maintenance including post driving, nailing and wire work.
- Vineyard re-development activities including land preparation, planting, trellis and irrigation installation, young vine work.
What does our operation offer?
- All equipment required to complete your job to a high standard.
- Product allowance and other benefits like Southern Cross.
- Dedicated team leadership and workshop support.
- Career with opportunity for career development, with goals and reviews individual to your position.
- A focus on employee involvement and an industry-leading workplace Health and Safety program.
Skills and experience required to undertake this role include:
- Ability to work with an IPad and use email applications to effectively communicate and time manage.
- Good understanding of viticulture practices.
- Current drivers licence
- Growsafe Certificate (desirable).
- Accepted level of literacy and numeracy.
- Vineyard equipment handling ability.
- Ability to relate well to other staff and an ability to work as part of a team.
- Embraces company values.
- Enthusiastic and motivated.
- Honest, reliable and organised.
- Sets high standards with a strong work ethic.
Training will be provided as required to upskill into this role.
Pernod Ricard Winemakers is the premium wine division of Pernod Ricard, a global Wine and Spirits Company with its head office in Paris and employs over 18,000 people worldwide. Our local wine portfolio includes prestigious New Zealand Brands such as Brancott Estate®, Stoneleigh ® and Church Road®. We offer you the opportunity to grow your career, giving you exposure to a leading wine business and working within a team of passionate and committed people. This makes it a great place to work for like-minded people.
If this sounds like the new challenge that you have been waiting for, we’d love to hear from you! We will be reviewing applications as they come in.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.