Company: Mount Brown Estates
Uploaded: 26 November 2019
Closes: 13 December 2019
Mount Brown Estates is a family-owned, premium winery in Waipara, North Canterbury producing an award-winning range of wines including Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Gris, Riesling, Pinot Noir and Tempranillo. We have three vineyards covering 40 ha making about 350,000l annually in our own newly-built premises.
As our business grows, we are looking to fill a newly-created permanent role in our management team, commencing February 2020. The role is hands-on and diverse, encompassing financial management and planning, viticultural and winery work. It’s a unique opportunity to take a wine through its entire life-cycle, beginning with planning and finishing with bottling.
The role has three core areas of responsibility:
- To implement management reporting throughout the business
- To assist the Vineyard Manager in optimising the quality and quantity of the grapes grown on our vineyards
- To assist the winemaker full-time during vintage and throughout the year with cellar operations and bottling
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Have vineyard and winery experience, perhaps looking to advance your career but don’t want to sit at a desk all day
- Hold a tertiary qualification in finance, winemaking and/or viticulture
- Are eligible to work in New Zealand
The successful candidate should:
- Have a good understanding and experience of the viticultural lifecycle
- Have an excellent understanding of viticultural record keeping, including SWNZ
- Be able to use and maintain our vineyard machinery
- Have a broad knowledge and experience of all winery operations and equipment
- Be hands-on and hard-working
- Hold a forklift license and Growsafe certificate
Please email your CV to Catherine via the apply button above before 13 December 2019.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For more information about the Canterbury / Waipara wine region, click here