Vintage Cellar Hand
Company: Mount Brown Estates
Uploaded: 21 November 2019
Closes: 20 December 2019
Mount Brown Estates is a family-owned, premium winery in Waipara, North Canterbury producing an award-winning range of wines including Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Gris, Riesling, Pinot Noir and Tempranillo. We have three vineyards covering 40 ha making about 450T wine produced in our own newly built premises.
We are seeking a Vintage Cellar Hand for 2020, beginning mid-March, for approximately 8-10 weeks.
The role offers diverse experience in dealing with large commercial quantities along with smaller parcels of premium wine.
The successful candidate must:
- have worked through at least three vintages
- be hands-on and hard-working, with a willingness to work the long hours that vintage requires
- have a broad knowledge of all winery operations and equipment, including RDV
- have a current drivers licence and ideally a forklift license
- have a New Zealand work visa
The breadth of winemaking, a small team and the resulting chance to learn, makes this an excellent chance to further develop your winemaking career, particularly in relation to small premium parcels.
Please email your CV to Catherine via the Apply button above, by Friday 20 December 2019.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about working in New Zealand, visit the Immigration Department website: www.immigration.govt.nz
- For information about New Zealand's Inland Revenue Department (for tax purposes and getting tax numbers etc), visit www.ird.govt.nz
- For more information about the Canterbury / Waipara wine region, click here
- Jobseekers should be aware that the start and finish dates of harvest work employment may change from those suggested by wineries at the time of your job offer. Vintage dates can not accurately be predicted.
It is therefore important that you understand that depending on your employment arrangements with the employer there may be a period of time where you have no work or less work than you were expecting, and should have sufficient financial arrangements in place should this occur. Your actual start and finish dates may vary - if you have queries around this, check with your winery employer before booking airline tickets etc.