Vintage Winemaking Assistant
Company: Pernod Ricard Winemakers
Uploaded: 20 November 2019
Closes: 20 December 2019
We have positions available Assisting the Winemakers during our 2020 Vintage. We are seeking positive, capable and self-motivated individuals to join our vintage team.
It’s now more than 30 years since we introduced the world to the first Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc. Today our Marlborough wines are still making history. At Pernod Ricard Winemakers New Zealand, we maintain an exceptional focus on premium products, as well as results. We are New Zealand’s premier wines and Spirits Company leading the way in everything we do.
We are gearing up for another fantastic vintage and would like to extend a warm welcome for you to join the Pernod Ricard New Zealand Marlborough Winery team in early 2020.
Applicants for these roles will need to have a relevant tertiary qualification, and a keen interest in winemaking. You will need to have operated as a Winemaking Assistant before, or as a senior Wine Technician, and have experienced a number of vintages. Join us to grow your knowledge and be supported by experienced Winemakers from our team.
These are fixed-term, full-time roles, needed for a period of 8 to 10 weeks. Vintage generally runs from early-March to mid-May; however this may vary due to vintage conditions. This will include shift work, and depending on what shift you work on, and in what area, you will have specific tasks to do.
We are passionate about making great wine. Our warm and friendly team are ready to show you why, and welcome you on-board!
- Marlborough location
- Winery experience essential
- Assistant Winemaking/senior Cellar Hand experience essential (numerous vintages)
- On-shift meals provided
- One of New Zealand’s largest wineries
- Great team environment- work with people from all around the world!
- Staff discounts across our New Zealand product range
- Career development opportunities
To be successful in this role you will need:
- A can-do attitude
- Plenty of enthusiasm
- To be hard-working
- Have the ability to continuously improve
- Have a safety focus
- Experience in wine making
- Have problem-solving skills
- Good communication skills in English
- The ability to legally work within New Zealand
You will play an important part in vintage, assisting our Winemakers to ensure the quality and technical requirements of various wines and brands are achieved.
Please note, our Marlborough winery is smokefree. The vintage period is expected to begin in March 2020, with the length dependent on harvest conditions. We expect to bring people onboard early March.
This role is a fixed-term position and includes shift-work to cover our 24-hour operations.
We will review applications as they arrive.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about working in New Zealand, visit the Immigration Department website: www.immigration.govt.nz
- For information about New Zealand's Inland Revenue Department (for tax purposes and getting tax numbers etc), visit www.ird.govt.nz
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.
- Jobseekers should be aware that the start and finish dates of harvest work employment may change from those suggested by wineries at the time of your job offer. Vintage dates can not accurately be predicted.
It is therefore important that you understand that depending on your employment arrangements with the employer there may be a period of time where you have no work or less work than you were expecting, and should have sufficient financial arrangements in place should this occur. Your actual start and finish dates may vary - if you have queries around this, check with your winery employer before booking airline tickets etc.