Cellar Hand/Vineyard Hand
Company: Mount Brown Estates
Uploaded: 07 November 2019
Closes: 30 November 2019
Mount Brown Estates is a family-owned, premium winery in Waipara, North Canterbury producing an award-winning range of wines including Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Gris, Riesling, Pinot Noir and Tempranillo. We have three vineyards covering 40 ha making about 450T wine produced annually in our own newly built premises.
As our sales grow, we are looking to fill a newly-created permanent role commencing March 2020 that includes both viticultural work and wine-making. It’s a unique opportunity to take a wine through its entire life-cycle, beginning with pruning and finishing with bottling. The breadth of viticultural work, winemaking, combined with a small team and the responsibility of the role, makes it an excellent chance to further develop your career in either discipline.
The role has two core areas of responsibility:
- To assist the vineyard manager on a daily basis throughout the year to optimise the quality and quantity of the grapes grown on our vineyards
- To assist the winemaker full time during vintage and throughout the year with cellar operations, bottling and labelling.
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Have vineyard and winery experience, with at least three vintages as a Cellar Hand
- Hold a tertiary qualification in winemaking and/or viticulture
- Are eligible to work in New Zealand
The successful candidate should have:
- A good understanding and experience in the viticultural tasks required throughout the year
- A working knowledge of farm machinery equipment
- A broad knowledge of all winery operations and equipment
- The ability to monitor and assess multiple fermenting vessels
- Are hands-on and hard-working (plus a willingness to work the long hours that vintage requires)
- Sound laboratory and record-keeping skills
- Excellent sensory skills
- Current driver’s license
- A forklift license and Growsafe certificate an advantage
Please email your CV via the apply button above before 30 November 2019.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For more information about the Canterbury / Waipara wine region, click here