Company: Joval Family Wines
Uploaded: 01 November 2019
Closes: 01 December 2019
Joval Family Wines is a dynamic, innovative, privately-owned leading wine and glassware producer in Australia and New Zealand. Our business is responsible for producing some well-known and prestigious brands like Catalina Sounds, Rockbare, Nanny Goat, MOJO, Sticks and many more.
We currently have a brilliant opportunity for a dynamic, self-motivated and talented individual to join our tight-knit, friendly team in the role of Marlborough Winemaker. Reporting to the Finance and Operations Director, this fantastic role will mostly be based out of our Sound of White winery in Blenheim with occasional domestic and international travel for trade events. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to take the next step in their wine making career, someone who self-motivated, a great communicator and has their finger on the pulse with regards to brand, the consumer, trade and the wider industry. Our aim is simple, we just want the most talented, successful person for the job!
What will you be doing?
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the entire breadth of wine making from growers’ contracts, fruit selection, production and bottling. He/she will also work closely with both our Brand Manager and distributors to ensure the finished product meets all the commercial requirements of brand and is positively received in the trade both in New Zealand and Australia.
If this sounds like you, then find below some (not all) of the tasks you will be responsible for:
- Build and maintain relationships with growers
- Host and attend trade events/master classes - including internal staff education
- Oversee and manage staff members
- Build a network in the local community which will benefit the brand (i.e. Influencers and writers)
- Deliver a wine to the standard required - understand cost structure and margin
- Contribute to the on-going management of the vineyard
- Monitor wine production at contract facility
- Support brands through active social media
- Provide marketing team with brand/varietal insights and tasting notes
What we'd ideally like you to have:
- Minimum 5 years’ wine making experience, Marlborough region preferred
- Tertiary qualifications in oenology
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Highly motivated and self-driven attitude
- Prior people management experience preferred
- High level of presentation and ability to work within a team environment
- Lastly, a “can do attitude”
If this sounds like your kind of role, you have the background and skills we’re looking for and are seeking an opportunity with one of Australia and New Zealand’s premier wine producers, then apply via the button above.
NB: The successful applicant will be required to submit a police check as part of their employment application.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.