Cellar Door Hosts - Summer 2020 - Marlborough
Company: Cloudy Bay Vineyards
Uploaded: 30 October 2019
Closes: 30 November 2019
The summer season is coming!
Summer brings much excitement and liveliness to the Cellar Door at Cloudy Bay. The season is filled with events, outdoor service and sees a significant increase in visitors.
As we approach this season, we’re looking for enthusiastic new cellar door staff who can bring their flair for hospitality to craft memorable Cloudy Bay experiences for our guests in Marlborough visitor center. Our Cellar Door and summer garden restaurant, Jack’s Raw Bar, is open seven days a week, so successful applicants will need to be available to work flexible hours including weekends and public holidays from November through to April. Some shorter contracts will also be available.
Bring your wine knowledge, food service skills and top-standard customer service to create engaging wine tasting and food experiences for our guests. In this role, you will receive a comprehensive induction including an in-depth training on our wine range, our brand DNA and customer service, which will allow you to transform a positive customer experience into wine sales and brand loyalty.
You will be responsible for:
- Delivering exceptional customer service to all Cloudy Bay visitors
- Hosting a range of tastings at the Cellar Door as well as tour group tastings
- Performing food service at The Jack’s Raw Bar
- Processing sales of wine, food produce and merchandise through the retail area
- Engaging with customers and demonstrating your intimate knowledge of the Cloudy Bay wines
- Confidently recommending and selling our wines and all menu offerings, and making informed suggestions for food and wine matches
- Being able to host different types of publics and nationalities
- Making sure the Cellar Door and Jack’s Raw Bar are in an impeccable state at all time
- Achieving smaller projects to support the Hospitality team
- Assisting the team with the set up and delivery of large group tastings,as well as daily tasks including cleaning and restocking
- Supporting private experience and VIP events by assisting with set up, wine pouring, food service etc.
- Being aware of the health and safety procedures and maintain a safe working environment.
In order to succeed in this position, you will have:
- English essential, additional language is a plus
- Significant experience in hospitality, ideally in a tasting room and restaurant environment
- An enthusiastic and team-oriented mindset
- Prior knowledge of best practice in service of food/wine
- A Good understanding of wine making and viticulture practices
- A passion for customer service and creating engaging experiences with customers
- Comfortable at multi-tasking, well organized under pressure
- A high standard of personal presentation with a friendly and genuine attitude
- You will be physically fit as the job involves standing and lifting
- High energy and a positive, pro-active approach, with an attention to detail
- A Computer proficiency
To apply, please use the "apply now" button, or visit our careers site at https://cloudy-bay-vineyards.workable.com/
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.