Winemaker & Vineyard Manager
Company: Richmond Plains & Te Mania Wines
Uploaded: 29 October 2019
Closes: 29 November 2019
A fantastic opportunity to work with a New Zealand winemaking pioneer and producer of New Zealand's first certified organic Sauvignon Blanc and Pinot Noir.
This key role requires a high-level of knowledge and competence in the production of premium, quality, organic wine, together with excellent staff and general management skills. This is a leadership role, with the winemaker being an integral part of the management team involved with strategic planning, as well as promotion of the company and its products and services. The winemaker will work very closely with the vineyard team and with contractors to help achieve the objectives of the company with regard to quality and varietal focus.
Both permanent and contract appointments will be considered.
- Manage, direct and supervise work tasks of all staff to encourage a positive team environment.
- Hiring of suitable, casual or fixed contract staff at critical times, such as vintage.
- Manage bottling including ordering, production and maintain packaging and dry goods supplies.
- Maintain full winemaking records to comply with audit requirements of NZ Winegrowers, Asure Quality, WSMP, OSH and NZ Customs.
- Assist with the promotion of the Te Mania and Richmond Plains brands.
- Work closely with the vineyard team and with contract growers.
The capabilities expected in the role are as follows:
- Displays a strong work ethic to achieve desired results.
- Has in-depth specialist knowledge and skill in their field including requirements for the production of organic certified wines.
- Understanding of organic vineyard management would be a big advantage.
- Must be physically fit.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work flexible hours.
- Excellent communication and a commitment to workplace safety.
- Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For more information about the Nelson wine region, click here