Company: Loveblock Vintners
Uploaded: 29 October 2019
Closes: 29 November 2019
Loveblock is a small, family-owned brand focusing on organic or minimal intervention farming and winemaking. Our Marlborough vineyards, located in the Awatere Valley, have 75Ha of vines producing mainly Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Gris and Pinot Noir.
We are looking for a permanent full-time Vineyard Technician to join our team and report to the Estate Manager.
- Be a graduate in Viticulture, Agricultural science or related field.
- Communicate in a professional and effective manner.
- Be detail-oriented.
- Have a full drivers licence.
- Be physically fit and prepared to work early mornings and some week-ends (mainly during the harvest season.)
Your day-to-day tasks will include:
- Gathering viticultural information:
- Record vine growth phenology throughout the growing season.
- Field observations for insects, diseases and virus. Identify pest and beneficial insects in the vineyards.
- Use SWNZ techniques to monitor vine health status for insect, diseases, virus and nutrition status.
- Collect crop estimation data, (cluster counts, cluster weights, berry counts, berry weights.)
- Help with harvest vineyard maturity sampling by collecting samples, taking field brix, completing winery lab analysis.
- Help collect soil, compost, water and plant tissue samples.
- General vineyard work including:
- Normal canopy work (wire lifting, shoot thinning etc.)
- Winter pruning, stripping and tying down.
- Young vine work.
- Wire work and trellis maintenance.
- Irrigation work.
- Composting and biodynamic work.
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for, we look forward to hearing from you!
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.