Company: Pernod Ricard Winemakers
Uploaded: 22 October 2019
Closes: 22 November 2019
- Do you have a passion for wine?
- Are you an excellent multi-tasker and have a keen attention for detail?
- Lab experience is desirable, but not essential.
We are one of New Zealand's premier wine and spirits companies. We represent a rich portfolio of brands like Brancott Estate, Stoneleigh and Deutz that makes us intensely proud and reflects our #1 position in New Zealand - a position achieved through hard work and a great culture. We are a company of people with commitment and integrity, a dash of entrepreneurship and a splash of conviviality. The last engagement survey showed that 97% of employees are engaged and proud to be associated with the company. It's a winning mix that's seen the Pernod Ricard Group ascend to co-leader in wine and spirits globally and makes it a great place to work for like-minded people.
We are now looking for a Laboratory Technician to join our Winery and Laboratory team. You will be working to provide our winemaking team with accurate and timely analysis on grape juice and wine, in accordance with our standard operating procedures (SOPs).
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Tank and barrel sampling
- Routine analysis of wine and grape juice, following our current SOP’s
- Data entry and monitoring analysis trends
- Preparation of fining and stability trials
- Maintain and calibrate laboratory equipment (experience with FOSS Winescan will be preferred)
- Maintain laboratory cleanliness
- Assist with the training and supervision of fixed-term staff at vintage, as required
- Extended vintage hours will be required for the 6 to 8 week vintage period
We are looking for someone who is friendly and outgoing, who works well in a close team environment, and loves wine (we get a product allowance!). Laboratory and analytical experience are desirable, but not essential. You will be computer literate, with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and be able to produce consistent and accurate results.
Previous experience in a winery or in the wine industry would be a bonus, but we will train the right person. This is a great career opportunity; you’ll get to work with like-minded people in a dynamic and challenging environment. You get the benefits of beautiful Marlborough, while working for a global organisation. If this sounds like an organisation you’d like to be a part of, apply today via the button above.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.