Company: Gravity Wines
Uploaded: 22 October 2019
Closes: 22 November 2019
This is an exciting opportunity to lead the winemaking at Gravity Wines, a cutting-edge 600T gravity flow winery, situated in the Moutere clay hills surrounding Nelson. As the pinnacle winery within Booster Wine Group, it brings together premium fruit parcels from Hawke’s Bay, Marlborough, Nelson and Central Otago with a focus on aromatics, Pinot Noir and Methode Traditionelle.
Gravity Wines is part of Booster Wine Group which is a collection of NZ wineries including Awatere River, Waimea Estates, Gravity Wines, Bannock Brae and Sileni Wines. Booster, through its Booster Tahi investment arm, is making significant investments in New Zealand’s agricultural business including avocados, kiwi fruit, and through investments in the wine industry. It is here at Gravity Wines where we are seeking a dynamic and experienced Winemaker.
Reporting to the CEO and National Winemaker, you will take a lead on:
- Developing and maintaining systems for all winemaking operations in fruit receival, cellar, lab, logistics and quality wine production.
- Maintaining BioGro accredited winery, so experience in BioGro and/or parallel sustainable winemaking would be an advantage.
- Co-ordination of all winemaking, from vine to bottle.
- High level of computer literacy and systems.
- Supervision and harvest preparation of a small, quality-focused team.
- Contribute to tasting panels and sensory assessments at Gravity and other Booster Wine Group wineries.
- Provide in-market brand support as required, to communicate and enhance our brand and winemaking philosophies.
Working with a diverse varietal portfolio, international winemaking experience will assist the successful candidate in this dynamic and varied role. The successful applicant will hold an oenology (or similar) tertiary qualification and experience of more than 5 years in a senior winemaking role.
Please forward a CV, contact details for 2 referees, and a covering letter to Hamish Kempthorne - National Winemaker, via the ‘Apply Now’ button.
Only people eligible to work in NZ should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For more information about the Nelson wine region, click here