Jack's Raw Bar Head Chef and Sous-Chef - Marlborough - Summer 2020
Company: Cloudy Bay Vineyards
Uploaded: 21 October 2019
Closes: 21 November 2019
Cloudy Bay’s outdoor garden restaurant, Jack’s Raw Bar, is coming back to Marlborough again this summer. As a major element of our visitor experience, the opening of Jack’s Raw Bar brings much anticipation and excitement each year.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Jack’s Raw Bar team: A Head Chef and a Sous-Chef who are willing to contribute to the reputation of Cloudy Bay and to enhance the overall customer experience. Jack’s Raw Bar is set up outside as an open kitchen and involves facing and interacting with customers as you work. We are open seven days a week for lunch, so successful applicants will need to be available to work flexible hours, including weekends and public holidays, from mid-November through to Easter.
You will receive full training on the Jack’s Raw Bar menu and recipes to deliver an outstanding food and wine experience to our guests.
You will use seasonal and local products which lends perfectly to the Cloudy Bay wine experience. Bring your food experience and top-standard customer service ability, to create authentic gastronomic experiences for our guests.
Reporting to the Cellar Door Manager, the Head Chef and Sous-Chef will be responsible for:
- Managing the Jack’s Raw Bar operations and workload, including preparation and service
- Maintaining a consistently high-quality food service and presentation
- Food preparation, including shucking shellfish
- Delivering exceptional customer service to all visitors of Cloudy Bay through Jack’s Raw Bar
- Managing the daily food stock take, product shelf life, dealing with suppliers and ordering
- Monitoring the Food Control Plan
- Regularly communicating with the Cellar Door Manager regarding daily operations, special events and improvement suggestions
- Ensuring that Jack’s Raw Bar and the back kitchen are maintained in a clean and tidy state
You will be given a competitive rate, training and on-the-job support to establish you as a successful member of our fun, focused and collaborative team.
To succeed in this position, you will have:
- Significant experience either as a Chef or a Kitchen Hand, with excellent food making techniques and practices
- An enthusiastic and team-oriented mindset
- The Chef will have experience in managing a Sous-Chef and a full kitchen in autonomy
- Experience in working either as a Chef or a Sous-Chef in busy and pressured environments, with high-quality standards
- Willingness to learn new techniques and discover a new gastronomic environment
- A high standard of personal presentation with a friendly and genuine attitude
- High energy and a positive, pro-active approach, with an attention to detail
- Excellent presentation and communication skills aligned with Cloudy Bay brand's standard
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Adaptable and flexible for rosters working arrangements
- Physical aptitudes: standing on feet all day, manipulating and shucking seafood, shellfish and oysters, lifting trays of dishes
To apply, please use the button above, or visit : https://cloudy-bay-vineyards.workable.com/
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.