Company: VinLink Marlborough
Uploaded: 10 October 2019
Closes: 04 November 2019
VinLink Marlborough are currently seeking a Cellar Manager to join our small permanent team at our Marlborough winery.
VinLink is a large, growing, contract winery located in the Riverlands Industrial Estate, located 5 minutes from Blenheim. Our winery has been specifically designed and built for Marlborough’s signature grape, Sauvignon Blanc, and crushes in excess of 25,000 tonnes per annum.
This is a fulltime position within the production team and is responsible for:
- directing and supervising day-to-day cellar operations
- ensuring daily production needs are met in a safe and effective manner
- ensuring the cellar is resourced to function effectively and efficiently
This position involves the management of:
- a small team of permanent Cellar Hands of varying skill levels (year-round)
- an additional 50-odd vintage supervisors and cellar hands (vintage period)
Our ideal candidate will:
- possess at least 5 years of practical winery cellar experience
- have at least 3-5 years supervisory experience
- be a strong team player
- have excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, with great attention to detail
- have clear communication skills, both written and verbal
- be able to set priorities and work independently within set guidelines
- be Microsoft Office proficient
- have a forklift licence
- have strong knowledge of production/manufacturing operations
- have demonstrated reliability and punctuality
- have demonstrated ability to adhere to safety regulations and operating procedures
This is a physical, hands-on role. The primary work environment will be on the production floor and you will be exposed to indoor and outdoor environments with varying noise levels. The ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, standing, and twisting, as well as the occasional lifting of heavy items, is essential.
Salary will be negotiated depending on experience.
A detailed job description can be provided on request.
If this sounds like you, then apply now by sending a cover letter and CV via the "apply" button.
Applications close Monday 4th November 2019.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.