Pyramid Valley Machinery Operator/Assistant Vineyard Manager
Company: Pyramid Valley
Uploaded: 09 October 2019
Closes: 09 November 2019
Here is your opportunity to be part of an exciting new company and a high performing team. If you have a strong interest in practical viticulture/horticulture, this might be for you!
Pyramid Valley is a renowned producer of exceptional Pinot Noir and Chardonnay. We produce wines that breathe of their place. Based in the beautiful Pyramid Valley, near the township of Waikari in North Canterbury, this is a full-time position suited to a very hands-on, practical person with agricultural/vineyard machinery experience. An opportunity to learn all activities involved with growing grapes from a high-density, biodynamically run estate. The role will involve operating all vineyard and estate equipment, staff management, and assist in managing existing vineyards and with new vineyard developments.
The role is multi-faceted and will work alongside the Estate Manager and Vineyard Manager in all aspects of vineyard development and management including:
- operating and maintaining all vineyard equipment,
- undertaking all hands-on viticultural operations to a high standard and productivity,
- supervising casual staff,
- maintaining accurate records of vineyard activities,
- keeping the estate, its buildings and plant and equipment in their best condition,
- and anything else that comes with running a high-end biodynamic estate!
We are looking for someone with energy and personality, reliable, able to work alone, but also as part of a team and takes great pride in their work. You will learn from exceptional people and you will get a foot in the door to a wine company that is growing and has high ambitions in the fine wine world.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For more information about the Canterbury / Waipara wine region, click here