Company: Pyramid Valley Manata Estate
Uploaded: 08 October 2019
Closes: 08 November 2019
Pyramid Valley is a renowned producer of exceptional Pinot Noir and Chardonnay. We produce wines that breathe of their place. Our Central Otago Manata Estate is located in the Lowburn Valley just north of Cromwell, and is the original home of the wines of Lowburn Ferry. This 22ha. property has produced some exceptional wines over the last 15 years. New, ultra-high density vineyards of Pinot Noir and Chardonnay are being planted alongside the original plantings of 3.5ha.
This fully paid, two year internship will provide an opportunity to contribute to and learn, in a hands-on role, all activities involved with developing and farming high-density organic and biodynamic vineyards, from planting through to harvesting.
It is multi-faceted and will work alongside the Estate Manager in all aspects of vineyard development and management including:
- operating and maintaining all vineyard equipment,
- undertaking all hands-on viticultural operations to a high standard and productivity,
- supervising all casual staff,
- maintaining accurate records of vineyard activities,
- keeping the estate, its buildings and plant and equipment in their best condition
- host vineyard tours, when requested
- and anything else that comes with running a high-end biodynamic estate!
We are looking for someone with energy and personality, a real team player willing to put their hand to anything, detail-oriented, a great communicator and listener, high personal standards….and most importantly, a real passion for viticulture and wine. You will learn from exceptional people and you will get a foot in the door to a wine company that is growing and has high ambitions in the fine wine world.
The role is a fully paid internship for two years. It is suited to a new or recent graduate with an appropriate tertiary education or someone who has had prior experience working in viticulture/horticulture, and is willing to continue learning.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Central Otago wine Region, click here.