Company: Pyramid Valley Vineyards
Uploaded: 08 October 2019
Closes: 08 November 2019
Pyramid Valley is a renowned producer of exceptional Pinot Noir and Chardonnay. We produce wines that breathe of their place. Based in the beautiful Pyramid Valley, near the township of Waikari in North Canterbury, this fixed-term, fully paid two year contract is suited to up-and-coming winemaking candidates that, ideally, have taken part in a vintage. An opportunity to learn, in a hands-on role, all activities involved with making fine wine from a high quality biodynamically-run estate. The role will involve participation in all winemaking activities, actively supporting the visitor experience, be a major part of the harvest, as well as gaining experience in the vineyards.
The role is multi-faceted and includes the following:
- assisting the winemaker in the winery with all aspects of winemaking including, record keeping, winery maintenance and bottling,
- working with the vineyard team in both established and new vineyards on the estate,
- looking after the wider 80ha. estate, buildings and seriously cool Dexter cattle,
- enthusiastically hosting visitors to the estate with wine tastings and vineyard tours,
- helping with organisation of vintage staff and work crews,
- telling our story,
- and anything else that comes with running a high-quality wine estate.
We are looking for someone with energy and personality, a real team player willing to put their hand to anything, detail-oriented, a great communicator and listener, high personal standards….and most importantly, a real passion for wine. You will learn from exceptional people and you will get a foot in the door to a wine company that is growing and has high ambitions in the fine wine world.
The role is a fully paid internship for two years. It is suited to a new or recent graduate, with an appropriate tertiary education, or someone who has had prior experience working in a winery and is willing to continue learning.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For more information about the Canterbury / Waipara wine region, click here