Vintage Vineyard Machinery Operator
Company: Pernod Ricard Winemakers
Uploaded: 04 October 2019
Closes: 04 November 2019
We have exciting new opportunities within our Marlborough Machine Operations Team for fthese are fixed-term positions for the busy summer growing and harvest season.
If any of these situations appeal to you, we encourage you to apply:
- A great opportunity to get experience in the industry as a pathway to full-time employment
- Looking for a change and try your hand at other work
- Summer work between jobs or study
- You will be working within a well-respected, modern fleet of viticulture machinery providing an industry-leading service to our Marlborough Vineyards.
What sort of things will you be doing?
- Tractor and Machinery operation
- Basic machinery and equipment preventative maintenance, with training provided
What does our operation offer:
- Training in machine operation through internal and external training, as required
- A modern, well-maintained fleet of vineyard machinery
- Dedicated team leadership and workshop support
- Career paths with opportunity for development
Skills and experience required for this role include:
- Full Drivers Licence
- Tractor and/or machinery operation experience an advantage, training provided
- Ability to work with an iPad for internal systems, with training provided
- Ability to work as part of a team
Training will be provided as required to upskill into this role.
Please note our sites are all Smokefree from January 2020.
If this sounds like the new challenge that you have been waiting for, we’d love to hear from you!
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about working in New Zealand, visit the Immigration Department website: www.immigration.govt.nz
- For information about New Zealand's Inland Revenue Department (for tax purposes and getting tax numbers etc), visit www.ird.govt.nz
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.
- Jobseekers should be aware that the start and finish dates of harvest work employment may change from those suggested by wineries at the time of your job offer. Vintage dates can not accurately be predicted.
It is therefore important that you understand that depending on your employment arrangements with the employer there may be a period of time where you have no work or less work than you were expecting, and should have sufficient financial arrangements in place should this occur. Your actual start and finish dates may vary - if you have queries around this, check with your winery employer before booking airline tickets etc.