Company: Amisfield LP
Uploaded: 02 October 2019
Closes: 20 October 2019
Amisfield is one of New Zealand’s iconic wine producers and restaurateurs and we are now looking for a Sommelier to join our dynamic team.
As the Amisfield Sommelier based at our Bistro, you will be our expert - a trained and knowledgeable wine professional creating an authentic, memorable wine experience for our customers.
The role will see you involved in:
- Selling wine to our guests to enjoy in our bistro, or at home
- Securing new members to our wine club
- Daily food pairing
- Co-ordination of wine lists - fine wines, library list, core wines and our new releases
- Delivering a wine training program for our Bistro and Cellar Door team, specialising in wine knowledge, sales and service
- Assisting our Duty Manager with hosting in the evening
- Working closely with the Sales Manager on coordinating Amisfield lists
- Completing both administrative and service duties
What we are seeking:
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role
- WSET level three or more (or equivalent)
- Sales experience
- A Duty Managers license would be an advantage
Amisfield offers its team a beautiful place to work, great pay and excellent benefits. As a company we are committed to developing our people and providing them with opportunities to grow.
As part of your package you will be offered free carparking, access to healthcare insurance, staff discounts and a wine allowance.
To find out more about Amisfield and to apply, please use the "apply now" button or visit our website at www.amisfield.co.nz.
Applications close on 27 October 2019, unless the position is filled earlier.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Central Otago wine Region, click here.