Cellar Door Assistant Manager
Company: Tantalus Estate
Uploaded: 02 October 2019
Closes: 02 November 2019
This role involves supporting the leadership in managing the cellar door day-to-day operation, working closely with the Cellar Door Manager and close communication with other managers on duty and making sure customers receive the highest quality and most professional of service.
This role requires:
- Excellent customer service
- Personable and professional demeanor with co-workers and guests
- Knowledge of wines, beers, cocktails, and food
- Attention to detail is essential
- Ability to work in a team
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task
- Ability to handle pressure and high-stress situations and maintain a relaxed and positive manner
- Greeting and interacting with guests in a friendly and professional manner
- Completing food and drink orders
- Taking customer orders in a professional and friendly manner
- Ensure tables are properly maintained and cleared, drinks are topped up, etc.
- Running and clearing of plates and glasses
- Able to manage a section with grace and ease
- Opening and closing duties
- Wine Service & Wine knowledge
Successful applicants will have a minimum of 2+ years experience in a similar position.
Successful applicants will have strong experience in a similar establishment, be willing to lead by example and exceed guest expectations. You must be well presented, personable, professional and passionate about wine, food, beer and service.
Applicants must live, or would be happy to live or relocate, to Waiheke Island, a 35-minute ferry from Downtown Auckland. You must be legally entitled to work and live in New Zealand long term. Remuneration package to be determined based on the candidate and qualifications. Tips, staff meal, staff drink and other perks provided. Previous global experience in a tourism-focused Restaurant, Lodge or venue would be advantageous, but not essential.
Please apply via the button above, or send your CV, residency or visa status and Cover letter to Employment@Tantalus.co.nz
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For more information about the greater Auckland wine regions, click here