Vintage Cellar Hands
Company: Spy Valley Wines
Uploaded: 30 September 2019
Closes: 31 October 2019
Spy Valley is a family-owned winery that has been inspiring the world of wines since 2000. We love wine and we are currently looking for like-minded people to help share our secrets.
Comprising ten varieties of grapes over 184 hectares of estate vineyards, Spy Valley has a modern, fully-integrated viticulture and winemaking facility and a passion for excellence. Spy Valley offers attractive working conditions within a friendly team of dedicated staff.
We are currently seeking to recruit experienced cellar and laboratory staff for Vintage 2020. You will need to have a hands-on approach and be reasonably fit.
The role will involve all cellar duties as directed by the Cellar Manager and Winemakers. The successful applicants would be expected to understand and follow health and safety and quality system protocols.
All positions are for a fixed-term of six to eight weeks, during March and April 2020.
- Experience of at least two to three vintages
- Confined Space Entry training
- Forklift licence
- Must be legally able to enter and work in New Zealand
Applications close: Thursday 31 October 2019.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about working in New Zealand, visit the Immigration Department website: www.immigration.govt.nz
- For information about New Zealand's Inland Revenue Department (for tax purposes and getting tax numbers etc), visit www.ird.govt.nz
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.
- Jobseekers should be aware that the start and finish dates of harvest work employment may change from those suggested by wineries at the time of your job offer. Vintage dates can not accurately be predicted.
It is therefore important that you understand that depending on your employment arrangements with the employer there may be a period of time where you have no work or less work than you were expecting, and should have sufficient financial arrangements in place should this occur. Your actual start and finish dates may vary - if you have queries around this, check with your winery employer before booking airline tickets etc.