Company: Oak Road Estate
Uploaded: 28 September 2019
Closes: 28 October 2019
Working with the Technical Director we aim to produce high-quality wines capturing our unique site.
The right candidate will have the unique opportunity to develop and grow with the role, quickly becoming an integral part of this business.
The candidate will be responsible for all aspects of winemaking activities from grapes right through to bottles.
The ideal candidate will have broad experience in making Yarra Valley wines preferably of high quality.
Skills and experience
To be successful in this role, you will possess:
- Proven track record of a minimum of 5 years’ experience in similar roles;
- Tertiary degree in Oenology or equivalent;
- A strong passion for wine and the wine industry;
- High level of attention to detail;
- A strong work ethic and high level of integrity;
- An excellent commercial business acumen and professional communication skills;
- Ability to be self-motived, to work autonomously and work under pressure;
- Remuneration package will be calculated on the experience of the candidate.
Reporting to General Manager the role will consist of:
- Run day-to-day winemaking operations
- Run the laboratory and manage all analysis
- Manage work orders and record-keeping via our winery software
- Organising tastings, analysis and follow-up wine work
- Conduct routine wine health audits via sensory and analytical means
- Work closely with the technical director on blending/wine preparation for bottling
- Ensure that wines meet all necessary parameters prior to bottling
- Work with viticulturist and sales team
- Be involved in OH&S policy development and promote a safe work environment
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- To find out more about the Australian wine industry, click here.