Company: Gladstone Vineyard
Uploaded: 26 September 2019
Closes: 26 October 2019
We are currently looking for a skilled, hands-on, Wine Production Manager to join the team at Gladstone Vineyard. This position is based in the beautiful Wairarapa, New Zealand.
Reporting to the CEO and General Manager/Commercial Director and part of the technical team and tasting committee, you will be responsible for leading a team, coordinating all winemaking, laboratory, production, quality control and viticulture operations. You will ensure all day-to-day winery and vineyard operations are carried out in a safe and efficient manner, resulting in the highest quality standards achievable and within legal requirements.
You will be expected to be a committed and high-performing member of the team in the achievement of the following missions:
- Development and coordination of operations in all areas of the cellar, lab, quality, production, logistics and warehousing operations
- Wine fermentation, ageing, blending and bottling preparations
- Harvest/Vintage preparation and operations supervision
- Participation in planning, budgeting - OpEx and CapEx - and reporting
- Member of the tasting committee, contributing to all stylistic choices and winemaking decisions, in collaboration with the CEO
- Winery and production environmental team representative
- Active member of the Safety committee
- Wine Communication and Brand representation, as required
- Team Management
- Setting up systems and streamlining procedures for the day-to-day running of a vineyard
- Frost management
- Pruning management
- Health and Safety management and compliance
- Assist and execute on-site training
In order to succeed in this position, you will have:
- A minimum Degree in Winemaking/Viticulture and Oenology, or related field
- At least 10 years of winemaking experience and excellent palate
- Thorough working knowledge of winery/vineyard and production processes and safety requirements
- Previous winery experience in leading small-to-medium sized team
- Thorough safety awareness
- Collaborative and team-oriented approach, complemented by planning and organizational skills
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills
- Personal integrity, strong work ethic and commitment to wine quality and sustainability
- Language: English
- Ability to multi-task
- Highly-motivated to get the job done
- Excellent time management
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent people-management skills
- Ability to work well as part of a team and on their own
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Full NZ Drivers Licence
- NZ residency
You will love working outdoors with a motivated and highly productive team.
You will lead by example at all times, displaying an appetite to improve your own skills whilst teaching others.
Renumeration package will reflect the experience and the capability of the successful candidate. Vehicle included.
All communication will be treated in confidence.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For more information about the Martinborough/Wairarapa wine region, click here.