Company: Pernod Ricard Winemakers
Uploaded: 26 September 2019
Closes: 26 October 2019
We are looking for a Vineyard Operator to join the team, who are based on our Marlborough vineyards, and are responsible for the day-to-day management and maintenance of these vineyards.
What does a Vineyard Operator do?
- Equipment use, including ATVs tractors and tractor-towed or powered implements such as mowers, post rammers and loader frames.
- Machinery and equipment pre-shift and post-shift procedures.
- Irrigation installation and maintenance.
- Trellis maintenance, including post driving, nailing and wire work.
- Vineyard re-development activities, including land preparation, planting, trellis and irrigation installation, young vine work.
What does our operation offer?
- All equipment required to complete your job to a high standard.
- Dedicated team leadership and workshop support.
- Career with opportunity for career development with goals and reviews individual to your position.
- An emphasis on employee involvement and an industry leading workplace Health & Safety program.
- Product allowance and other benefits like Southern Cross after a years service.
Skills and experience required to undertake this role include:
- Ability to work with an IPad and use email applications to effectively communicate and time manage.
- Good understanding of viticulture practices.
- Current drivers licence.
- GrowSafe Certificate.
- Accepted level of literacy and numeracy.
- Vineyard equipment handling ability.
- Ability to relate well to other staff and an ability to work as part of a team.
- Embraces company values.
- Enthusiastic and motivated.
- Honest, reliable and organised.
- Sets high standards with a strong work ethic.
Training will be provided as required to upskill into this role.
We are one of New Zealand's premier wine and spirits companies. We represent a rich portfolio of brands that makes us intensely proud and reflects our #1 position in New Zealand - a position achieved through hard work and a great culture. We are a company of people with commitment and integrity, a dash of entrepreneurship and a splash of conviviality. The latest engagement survey showed that 97% of employees are engaged and proud to be associated with the company. It's a winning mix that's seen the Pernod Ricard Group ascend to co-leader in wine and spirits globally and makes it a great place to work for like-minded people.
If this sounds like the new challenge that you have been waiting for, we’d love to hear from you! We will be reviewing applications as they come in.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.