Company: Pernod Ricard Winemakers
Uploaded: 24 September 2019
Closes: 25 October 2019
We are looking for a Labour Field Supervisor to help lead our Marlborough labour team. You would be part of a dedicated labour supervision team who work with various local contacting companies to complete the vineyard labour operations across 2000ha of PRW vineyards. If you love working outside in beautiful Marlborough, and are passionate about motivating and leading others to succeed, this is the role for you.
What does a Field supervisor do?
- Daily planning of operations to ensure activities are compliant, safe and efficient
- Setting daily/weekly work plans liaising with planning team and Vineyard Quality Manager
- Becomes subject matter expert with our vineyard management software (AgCode)
- Runs daily team meeting
- Manages continuous improvement audits and outcomes, alongside Quality Assurance team
- Assists with coordination and support with the Machine Operations and Site teams when on site
- Oversees and coordinates activities performed by contract labour including thinning, pruning and bud rubbing and oversees the job quality on the vineyard
What does our operation offer?
- All equipment required to complete your job to a high standard
- Product allowance and other benefits like gourmet meals over harvest
- Southern Cross after one year
- Dedicated team leadership
- Career development with goals and reviews individual to your position
- An emphasis on staff involvement and an industry-leading workplace Health & Safety program
Skills and experience required to undertake this role include:
- Proven leadership skills
- Some viticulture/horticultural experience and skills
- Current driver’s license
- Ability to work with an iPad for internal systems, with training provided
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Strong communication skills, motivated, organised with great time management skills
Training will be provided as required to upskill into this role.
We are one of New Zealand's premier wine and spirits companies. We represent a rich portfolio of brands that makes us intensely proud and reflects our #1 position in New Zealand - a position achieved through hard work and a great culture. We are a company of people with commitment and integrity, a dash of entrepreneurship and a splash of conviviality. The latest engagement survey showed that 97% of employees are engaged and proud to be associated with the company. It's a winning mix that's seen the Pernod Ricard Group ascend to co-leader in wine and spirits globally, and makes it a great place to work for like-minded people. Please note all our sites will be Smokefree as of January 2020.
If this sounds like the new challenge that you have been waiting for, we’d love to hear from you! We will be reviewing applications as they come in.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.