Company: Punt Road Wines
Uploaded: 24 September 2019
Closes: 25 October 2019
We are looking for an experienced Vineyard Manager to join our team, running the 160-acre Napoleone Vineyard in Victoria's Yarra Valley. The position would suit someone who is pro-active and hands-on with leadership and planning skills. The successful candidate will work closely with the Punt Road winery to maintain our reputation as one of the Yarra Valley's premier producers.
- Supervise 2 permanent Vineyard Hands, as well as contract teams
- Tractor and machinery operations
- Plan and execute pruning program
- Plan and execute spray program
- Maintain and enhance vine and soil health
- Manage irrigation
- Pest & disease management - observation and prevention
- Yield forecasting
- Harvest (plan contract machine harvest operations and hand picking crews)
- Manage vine orders and lanting or new blocks
- Maintain spray daries and HAACP requirements
- Improve and maintain OHS&W systems
- Be open to trialling new approaches in the vineyard
The successful applicant will require:
- Management experience in a vineyard > 30 acres
- Tertiary qualifications in viticulture or horticulture
- People management experience, although happy to look at someone who can display ablity to 'step up'
- A passion for growing grapes, and enthusiasm for all aspects of the wine industry
A remuneration package commensurate with the successful applicant's qualifications, will be offered. The package will include a company vehicle, laptop and phone.
Please address the prerequisites above in your cover letter.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- To find out more about the Australian wine industry, click here.