Assistant Vineyard Manager
Company: Terrace Edge
Uploaded: 08 November 2019
Closes: 01 December 2019
Terrace Edge is a small, family, organic vineyard and olive grove in the Waipara Valley, North Canterbury. We are producers of premium organic wines and extra virgin olive oil. Our location is on the south bank of the Waipara River.
We are currently looking for an experienced, enthusiastic Assistant Vineyard Manager to join our small team. Terrace Edge offers a supportive environment in which to work, grow and add value.
The successful applicant will be energetic, highly-motivated and physically fit, with proven ability in all aspects of vineyard operations. The ability to work independently and as part of a team, will be essential.
The role is full-time, permanent, 40 hours/week with the possibility of more hours, depending on seasonal demand. It is suited to a hands-on, practical person who will report directly to the Vineyard Manager.
The role requires:
- At least two years' practical viticulture experience
- A tertiary qualification in viticulture or related field would be an advantage, but not essential
- Experience with machinery and mechanical operations in vineyards
- A full drivers' license
- GrowSafe & Approved Handler Certificates preferred
- A commitment to Health & Safety in the workplace
The Assistant Vineyard Manager will assist the Manager with BioGro requirements and protocols and in the delivery of premium, quality fruit to the winery.
Remuneration will be in accordance with experience and skill level.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For more information about the Canterbury / Waipara wine region, click here