Company: Cape Mentelle Vinayards
Uploaded: 12 September 2019
Closes: 12 October 2019
Cape Mentelle Vineyard is proud to be one of Margaret River’s ‘founding three’ wineries. Our winery has pioneered many of the region’s renowned wine styles and today is a benchmark for the quality of the region’s wines. We aim to produce wines that capture a unique sense of place in every bottle. These characteristics are defined by our pristine coastal location, unique soils and 50 years of viticultural history.
We are currently looking for a skilled Senior Winemaker to join the team at Cape Mentelle. This position is based in Margaret River, Western Australia. Reporting to the Technical Director and part of the technical team and tasting committee, you will be responsible for leading a team of experts, coordinating all winemaking, laboratory, production, quality control and logistics operations. You will ensure all day to day winery-based operations are carried out in a safe and efficient manner resulting in the highest quality standards achievable and within legal requirements.
You will be expected to be a committed and high-performing member of the team in the achievement of the following missions:
- Development and coordination of operations in all areas of the cellar, lab, quality, production, logistics and warehousing operations.
- Wine fermentation, ageing, blending and bottling preparations
- Harvest/Vintage preparation and operations supervision
- Participation in planning, budgeting - OpEx and CapEx - and reporting
- Member of the tasting committee, contributing to all stylistic choices and winemaking decisions in collaboration with the Technical Director
- Winery and production environmental team representative
- Active member of the Safety committee
- Wine Communication and Brand representation as required
In order to succeed in this position, you will have:
- A minimum Master Degree in Winemaking and Oenology, or related field
- At least 10 years of winemaking experience and excellent palate
- Thorough working knowledge of winery and production processes and safety requirements, lean standards and ISO certifications.
- Previous winery experience in leading small-to-medium size team
- Thorough safety awareness
- Collaborative and team oriented approach, complemented by planning and organizational skills
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills
- Personal integrity, strong work ethic and commitment to wine quality and sustainability
- Languages: English, French is a plus.
Applications close: 12 October 2019.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- To find out more about the Australian wine industry, click here.