Company: Cape Mentelle Vinayards
Uploaded: 12 September 2019
Closes: 04 October 2019
Cape Mentelle Vineyard is proud to be one of Margaret River’s ‘founding three’ wineries. Our winery has pioneered many of the region’s renowned wine styles and today is a benchmark for the quality of the region’s wines. There are 135 hectares under vine across three sites.
We’re looking for a Vineyard Operator to join the team at Cape Mentelle. This opportunity will allow you to be part of a well-respected brand and work outdoors in a fulfilling work environment. As part of the team, you’ll further develop your skills through training and task diversity and uphold our culture of quality and safety. This is a hands-on role in the development and upkeep of the vineyards.
The key tasks of this role include:
- Tractor operations such as sweeping, canopy trimming, leaf plucking, mowing, mulching, spraying, cultivating, harvester and chaser driving, netting
- Canopy management, pruning and vine training
- Irrigation system service and maintenance
- Accountability to follow best practices procedures of vineyard operations, processes and systems
- Supervision of Company casual vineyard staff when required
- Contributing to the quality and safety culture of Cape Mentelle
In order to be successful in this role, you will have:
- Experience in vineyard and/or other operational agricultural enterprise
- A sound understanding of agronomic principles, with a preference for organic agriculture
- Experience and will to work a mechanical and outdoor groundwork-based role
- Flexibility, sound communication skills, a willingness to learn and be part of a strong team
- Strong knowledge of safety conduct and procedures
- Valid C Class Driver’s Licence
- Desirable: Valid HR / HC Licence, Forklift Licence, Chemcert accreditation, first aid training, organic experience
If you are interested, apply at https://cape-mentelle-vineyards-1.workable.com/
Applications close 4th October 2019
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- To find out more about the Australian wine industry, click here.