Vintage Cellar Hand
Company: Kumeu River Wines Ltd
Uploaded: 11 September 2019
Closes: 11 October 2019
We have a requirement for Vintage Cellar Hands for the 2020 harvest, commencing early February 2020, and continuing to the end of March or thereabouts.
Kumeu River Wines is a small-to-medium winery processing 400 tonnes. We are premium table wine producers with an international reputation, particularly for Chardonnay.
Our vineyards are located in Kumeu and Hawkes Bay, and all of our Vintage winery operations are located at Kumeu. Vintage operations involve shift work of up to 12-hours daily, 5-7 days per week, and include:
- Grape receival, pressing, crushing.
- Extensive barrel work: emptying, cleaning, filling.
- Red wine pumping over, draining and pressing.
You must have:
- Relevant previous Vintage experience in grape processing and barrel work.
- The ability to lawfully work in New Zealand.
- Good English language skills.
Forklift driving experience is a distinct advantage in your application. Accommodation and meals are not provided, but we may be able to assist in finding suitable lodging.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about working in New Zealand, visit the Immigration Department website: www.immigration.govt.nz
- For information about New Zealand's Inland Revenue Department (for tax purposes and getting tax numbers etc), visit www.ird.govt.nz
- For more information about the greater Auckland wine regions, click here
- Jobseekers should be aware that the start and finish dates of harvest work employment may change from those suggested by wineries at the time of your job offer. Vintage dates can not accurately be predicted.
It is therefore important that you understand that depending on your employment arrangements with the employer there may be a period of time where you have no work or less work than you were expecting, and should have sufficient financial arrangements in place should this occur. Your actual start and finish dates may vary - if you have queries around this, check with your winery employer before booking airline tickets etc.