Vineyard/Winery Internship – Man O' War Vineyards
Company: Man O' War Vineyards Limited
Uploaded: 10 September 2019
Closes: 13 October 2019
VINEYARD/WINERY INTERNSHIP – MAN O’ WAR VINEYARDS, WAIHEKE ISLAND, NEW ZEALAND
Man O’ War Vineyards is a unique premium producer located on the shores of Waiheke Island and Ponui Island in the Hauraki Gulf of New Zealand. The 2,000 hectare station has 60 hectares of vineyards across 76 separate vineyard sites planted in Cabernet franc, Merlot, Malbec, Petit Verdot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah, Chardonnay, Pinot Gris, and Sauvignon Blanc. Our vineyard work is performed to the highest level of detail and that flows into individual hand-crafted batch fermentation in our winery.
We are looking for experienced and wine inspired personnel who are interested in gaining experience in wine production from the grapevine to finished wine. Man O’ War is offering an internship for experienced interns to participate in working in our vineyards, with the opportunity of joining the winery team for cellar work during the harvest.
Suitable candidates will have already worked in the cellar, as well as having a strong background in vineyard work and be experienced in tractor, forklift and machinery operation. The successful candidate must be physically fit and capable of working long hours in a variety of roles, shared accommodation and salary will be provided.
- Vineyard tasks such as pruning, shoot thinning, shoot positioning and canopy construction
- Trellis maintenance
- A wide range of tractor work including mowing, trimming, weed spraying and crop spraying, as well as any associated chemical handling
- Cleaning and preparation of equipment, machinery and tractors
- Operation of a forklift
- Fruit sorting and fruit processing
- Racking and pumping over of juice and wine; moving hoses and equipment
- Cleaning and sanitising all winery equipment
- Filling and emptying barrels
- Making additions to juice and wine
- Working long hours including nights and weekends
- Completing and filling out work orders accurately
- Perform other duties as assigned
Minimum qualifications and experience:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with good comprehension of English
- Must be able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and procedures, work orders including chemical additions, record times and dates, basic maths skills
- Must be punctual, reliable and have a great work ethic and attitude
- Must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand and hold a valid Working Visa
If you are interested in working harvest at Man O’ War, then please send your resume to our Vineyard Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org Please note you must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand to qualify for this role. If you would like to learn more about us, then please visit our website www.manowar.co.nz
Please attach your resume, including references, and a cover letter explaining why you want to work with us!
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For more information about the greater Auckland wine regions, click here