Cellar Hands (2 x Permanent) and Vintage Cellar Hands 2020 (Commence Jan 2020)
New South Wales
Company: Robert Oatley Vineyards
Uploaded: 09 September 2019
Closes: 09 October 2019
Seeking an experienced Cellar Hand (2 x permanent) who is passionate about quality wine and the wine industry. Based in Mudgee, the amazing full-time permanent opportunity offers a great workplace where you can truly reach your career goals and contribute to a highly-respected iconic Australian Wine brand.
We are also on the lookout for 2020 Vintage Cellar Hands to join our team who have previous vintage experience and are passionate about the wine industry.
Founded by the late Robert (Bob) Oatley AO BEM in 2006, Robert Oatley Vineyards is a family-owned winery led by his eldest son Sandy Oatley, who with his father, brother and sister, planted the first Oatley vineyards in the late 1960’s.
Our wine brands, Robert Oatley, Finisterre, The Pennant, Wild Oats & Montrose, consistently score over 90 points with the critics and have collected too many medals to detail, our wines resonated with the wine-loving public around Australia and the world. As Bob Oatley said ‘they must be a darned good drink.’
The Cellar Hands will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Working closely with the winery team to achieve and process all grape curshing, pressing and additions
- Unload tankers and coordinate wine transfers
- Assist with filtration operations and preparation of tanks
- Conduct sampling of wines as advertised by the winemaker
- Clean and maintain cellar hygiene
- Maintain compliance while executing SOP's in a safe manner
- General Cellar Maintenance
- Tank Cleaning
- Maintain a safe work environment at all times and actively participating in WHS policy & procedures.
To be successful in the role you will have:
- Be an Australian Citizen (Permanent position) or have a valid Australian Working Visa (2020 Vintage)
- Demonstrated 2 years Cellar Hand experience
- Previous vintage experience
- Clear communication skills, both written and verbal
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Well-developed analytical skills
- A strong team player
- Ability to work autonomously, when required
- Forklift Licence (desirable but not essential)
If this position sounds like your next role, we would love to hear from you. Submit your resume today and join our team.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- To find out more about the Australian wine industry, click here.