Vintage Cellar Hands
Company: Pernod Ricard Winemakers
Uploaded: 05 September 2019
Closes: 05 December 2019
Vintage Cellar Hands
Positions available carrying out the physical aspects of making wine during harvest (vintage).
Pernod Ricard winemakers New Zealand have positions available for Vintage Cellar Hands. We are seeking positive, capable and self-motivated individuals to join our 2020 vintage team.
- Marlborough location
- Winery experience not essential - training provided
- On-shift meals provided
- One of New Zealand’s largest wineries
- Great team environment - work with people from all around the world!
- Staff discounts across our New Zealand product range
- Career development opportunities
To be successful in this role you will need:
- A can-do attitude
- Plenty of enthusiasm
- To be hard working
- Have the ability to continuously improve
- Have a safety focus
- Be comfortable working with semi-automated equipment
- Have problem-solving skills
- Have a good level of strength and fitness (e.g. ability to lift heavy loads)
- Communication skills in English
- The ability to legally work within New Zealand
You will play an important part in vintage wine processing, assisting with all aspects of juice and wine processing.
Please note, our Marlborough winery is smokefree.
The vintage period is expected to begin in March 2020, with the length dependent on harvest conditions.
This role is a fixed-term position and includes shift-work to cover our 24-hour operations.
If this sounds like an opportunity and the challenge that you’ve been waiting for, we’d love to hear from you! Early applications are encouraged, and we will review applications as they arrive.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about working in New Zealand, visit the Immigration Department website: www.immigration.govt.nz
- For information about New Zealand's Inland Revenue Department (for tax purposes and getting tax numbers etc), visit www.ird.govt.nz
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.
- Jobseekers should be aware that the start and finish dates of harvest work employment may change from those suggested by wineries at the time of your job offer. Vintage dates can not accurately be predicted.
It is therefore important that you understand that depending on your employment arrangements with the employer there may be a period of time where you have no work or less work than you were expecting, and should have sufficient financial arrangements in place should this occur. Your actual start and finish dates may vary - if you have queries around this, check with your winery employer before booking airline tickets etc.