Vintage Cellar Hands - The Coterie
Company: The Coterie
Uploaded: 02 September 2019
Closes: 26 September 2019
Innovative, Collaborative, Marlborough
The Coterie is a small batch, Organic, family-owned winery based in Marlborough, who provide a facility for premium contract winemaking.
We are looking for intelligent, energetic, self-motivated Cellar Hands and a Laboratory Technician, with a hands-on approach and strong attention to detail, to join our committed and highly-motivated team.
We have the following roles available for the 2020 vintage:
- Vintage Cellar Hands
- Vintage Laboratory Technician/Cellar Hand
Previous Winery experience and/or industry qualification is essential and holding a valid forklift licence would be an advantage. Successful applicants will be exposed to all facets of the winemaking process, and enjoy all the benefits that come with working in a small, dedicated team.
As expected, long vintage hours are required, but we will provide you with a hot meal and a great working environment.
We are looking for people who:
- Have two vintages experience
- Are self-motivated and able to work both on their own and as part of a team
- Are proactive and use initiative
- Hold a current forklift licence (or forklifting experience)
- Show a passion for wine and attention to detail
- Are well-organised, have good time management
- Have a good sense of humour
- Have a good level of fitness
- Have a good taste in music.
Applicants must have a NZ working visa or be eligible to apply for a relevant visa.
If this sounds like the role for you, please apply via the button above.
Applications close: Friday, September 26th, 2019.
- For information about working in New Zealand, visit the Immigration Department website: www.immigration.govt.nz
- For information about New Zealand's Inland Revenue Department (for tax purposes and getting tax numbers etc), visit www.ird.govt.nz
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.
- Jobseekers should be aware that the start and finish dates of harvest work employment may change from those suggested by wineries at the time of your job offer. Vintage dates can not accurately be predicted.
It is therefore important that you understand that depending on your employment arrangements with the employer there may be a period of time where you have no work or less work than you were expecting, and should have sufficient financial arrangements in place should this occur. Your actual start and finish dates may vary - if you have queries around this, check with your winery employer before booking airline tickets etc.