Vintage Cellar Hand
Company: Rose Family Estate
Uploaded: 02 September 2019
Closes: 15 September 2019
Established in 1978 by Phil & Chris Rose, Rose Family Estate produces wines exclusively sourced from their estate vineyards. Today, together with their five children, the extended Rose family manages and retains total control from vine to bottle.
We are looking for passionate and experienced Vintage Cellar Hands to join our team for Vintage 2020, with fixed-term positions available from March through to May.
We are seeking applications from those who have:
- 3 years winemaking experience (sorry, no first timers)
- Tertiary qualifications in winemaking
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Good level of physical fitness
- Excellent initiative, problem-solving ability and attention to detail
- Willingness to work a rostered shift, including weekends and extended hours, as required
- Legal entitlement to work in NZ
Rose Family Estate provides the opportunity to work with a small passionate team, gaining valuable experience in all aspects of winemaking.
Applications close: 15th September 2019.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about working in New Zealand, visit the Immigration Department website: www.immigration.govt.nz
- For information about New Zealand's Inland Revenue Department (for tax purposes and getting tax numbers etc), visit www.ird.govt.nz
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.
- Jobseekers should be aware that the start and finish dates of harvest work employment may change from those suggested by wineries at the time of your job offer. Vintage dates can not accurately be predicted.
It is therefore important that you understand that depending on your employment arrangements with the employer there may be a period of time where you have no work or less work than you were expecting, and should have sufficient financial arrangements in place should this occur. Your actual start and finish dates may vary - if you have queries around this, check with your winery employer before booking airline tickets etc.