Company: Booster Wine Group
Uploaded: 01 September 2019
Closes: 27 September 2019
Booster, through it’s Booster Tahi investment arm, is making significant investments in New Zealand agricultural business including avocados, kiwi fruit and through investments in Awatere River, Waimea Estates, Bannock Brae and Sileni Estates, the wine industry. It is here where this position is required as a National Viticulturist.
With over 640 hectares of managed vineyard and a national crush of over 10,000 tonnes, Booster Wine Group is looking for someone to lead this critical part of the business. The role will require management of our viticulture teams and grower partners, focusing on producing quality fruit with varietal intensity and character. You will provide operational and technical advice to maximise our growing potential, as well as strong business acumen to manage the financial performance of operations and future development plans.
You would have:
- 10 years industry experience in a senior role, including grower liaison and vineyard management
- A proven track record of leadership with the ability to motivate and empower teams to achieve organisational goals
- The ability to work collaboratively with the business to optimise return on investment and deliver key financial metrics
You’d know how to:
- Add value for business partners through a long-term outlook
- Act quickly and respond to change by seeking opportunities, being adaptive and staying agile
- Drive the advancement of viticulture practices within our vineyards and grower partners
- Use qualitative and quantitative judgement and decision making
- Build and foster strong sustainable relationships through communication and time management skills
- Continuously improve processes and practices, drive compliance with company H&S standards and SWNZ programs
At Booster Wine Group we pride ourselves on working hard and having fun while we do it. We are the sort of company where you can really make a mark. Booster Wine Group is growing and we are seeking talented people who want to be part of that exciting journey. If that sounds like you, we want to hear more. In your application tell us why you would be perfect for this role and the company; and if we agree, we’ll be in touch.
Applications close: 5pm 27 September 2019.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.
- For information about the Hawkes Bay wine region, click here.
- For more information about the Nelson wine region, click here