Company: Yealands Wine Group Ltd
Uploaded: 29 August 2019
Closes: 29 September 2019
Located on the cliffs edge, our vineyard spans over more than 1000 hectres of the rugged Awatere Valley foothills and is recognised as one of the most striking vineyards in the world! In just 11 years, Yealands has grown to be one of NZ’s most recognised wine labels with an award-winning reputation.
Yealands' leadership in sustainability innovation has been recognised globally and we have now established ourselves as a global leader in sustainable wine production.
We have an opening for a Technical Viticulturist to develop and co-ordinate technical vineyard activities as well as provide technical advice to our Growers. This is a new position that will give the successful incumbent the chance to develop and make the role their own.
Your role will include:
- Developing plans to assist in the implementation of vineyard work programmes
- Establishing and maintaining vineyard yield and quality guidelines
- Setting regional spray programmes for company and grower vineyards, ensuring residue compliance
- Optimising the yield/quality relationship
- Input into budget preparation
- Monitoring weather data and coordinating frost prevention strategies
- Communicating any yield or quality concerns in the lead up to Vintage
- Operating a grape sampling programme to assist in determining optimum picking time
- Actively fostering a positive team spirit
- Administrative duties as required
Are you the right person for us?
- Attitude is important - being a positive, team player, with a sense of humour
- 5 - 7 years experience in a similar role
- Preferably have a Masters Degree in Viticulture, although a degree in Viticulture, Horticulture or Agriculture would be considered
- You will have excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to work to multiple deadlines
- With strong initiative you will be self-motivated and work well under pressure
- You must have the ability to work flexible hours over vintage and hold a current NZ Drivers Licence
Are we the right company for you?
Yealands was always built on the idea of achieving what others said was unachievable. We foster this way of thinking and empower our team to think boldly. We are 100% committed to sustainability and to producing world class wines, we value our people and the environment and know how to have a good time!
You can also expect:
- A professional team with strong ethics
- A great location – based at our beautiful winery in the Awatere
- Free transport – we provide transport from Blenheim out to our winery
- Great salary, health insurance and wine allowance
Opportunities like this don’t come up often. You will be working with an experienced team and provided with the support to excel. If this sounds like you, then apply now by submitting your CV & Cover Letter via the "Apply Now" button above.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.