Company: Yealands Wine Group Ltd
Uploaded: 29 August 2019
Closes: 29 September 2019
Located on the cliffs edge, our vineyard spans over more than 1000 hectres of the rugged Awatere Valley foothills and is recognised as one of the most striking vineyards in the world!
Over the years, Yealands' leadership in sustainability innovation has been recognised globally and we have now established ourselves as a global leader in sustainable wine production.
We’re on the hunt for a Viticulture Technician who will assist the Technical Viticulturist and wider team with vineyard management, processes, programmes and reporting of issues.
Your role will include:
- Monitoring and adhering to vineyard management plans
- Inspecting grapes leading into vintage and communicating any concerns
- Completing a grape sampling programme
- Vineyard information management and administration
- Assisting with the Annual Viticultural Research Plan
- Production targeting duties
Are you the right person for us?
- Attitude is important - positivity and being a team player, is essential
- Demonstrated vineyard experience is essential and an agriculture or viticulture degree would be beneficial
- Proven attention to detail and intermediate level in Excel, Word & PowerPoint
- You will have excellent time management and organizational skills, with the ability to work to multiple deadlines
- With strong initiative you will be self-motivated and work well under pressure
- Good sense of humour is a must in our office
- You must have the ability to work flexible hours over vintage and hold a current NZ Drivers Licence
Are we the right company for you?
Yealands was always built on the idea of achieving what others said was unachievable. We foster this way of thinking and empower our team to think boldly. We are 100% committed to sustainability and to producing world-class wines, we value our people and the environment and know how to have a good time!
You can also expect:
- A professional team with strong ethics, we encourage a fun and friendly environment
- A great location – based at our beautiful winery in Seddon
- Free transport – we provide transport from Blenheim out to our winery
- Great salary, health insurance and wine allowance
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an award-winning team. If this sounds like you, then don't hesitate! Apply now with your CV and Cover Letter via the "Apply Now" button above.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.