Harvest Cellar Hands and Laboratory Technicians
Company: Kono NZ LP
Uploaded: 27 August 2019
Closes: 27 September 2019
Kono NZ LP's prestigious Tohu Wines is the world's first and most-recognised Maori-owned wine range. Since 1998, Tohu has focused on producing estate grown, single vineyard wines from New Zealand's premier grape-growing regions.
Based out of our modern winery in the Awatere Valley, Marlborough, we produce a range of cool-climate wines including Sauvignon Blanc, Riesling, Pinot Gris, Chardonnay, Methode Traditionelle, and Pinot Noir.
We are looking for a dedicated and hardworking team of Cellar Hands, Senior Cellar Hands and Laboratory Technicians to help us over the busy vintage period which will commence in March 2020.
Applicants will need to be:
- Experienced in all aspects of winery work with a minimum of 2-3 vintages experience
- Physically fit and able to lift heavy objects
- Be quality-focused with an exceptional eye for detail
- Experienced and aware of all aspects of Health and Safety in the workplace
- Experienced working a shift work pattern
- Proficient in English with exceptional communication skills
If successful, you will enjoy working with fruit from some great vineyards across New Zealand and will be involved in many, maybe all, aspects of the winemaking process. As part of the package we will help with accommodation, offer transport to and from the winery and provide meals during your shift. You will be part of a small and dedicated team in the winery, so a positive attitude and a good sense of humour are essential. All successful applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug and alcohol test in accordance with our drug and alcohol policy.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about working in New Zealand, visit the Immigration Department website: www.immigration.govt.nz
- For information about New Zealand's Inland Revenue Department (for tax purposes and getting tax numbers etc), visit www.ird.govt.nz
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.
- Jobseekers should be aware that the start and finish dates of harvest work employment may change from those suggested by wineries at the time of your job offer. Vintage dates can not accurately be predicted.
It is therefore important that you understand that depending on your employment arrangements with the employer there may be a period of time where you have no work or less work than you were expecting, and should have sufficient financial arrangements in place should this occur. Your actual start and finish dates may vary - if you have queries around this, check with your winery employer before booking airline tickets etc.