Vintage Crew - 2020
Company: Giesen Group
Uploaded: 22 August 2019
Closes: 24 November 2019
Vintage Crew - 2020
- Want to work with an Iconic New Zealand Brand and a multi-award winning business?
- Want to contribute in an outstanding team environment?
- Want to improve your winemaking experience in one of New Zealand’s most stunning places?
If so, then read on…
Firstly a bit about us - The Giesen Group is a family-owned and operated producer of internationally-recognised premium New Zealand wine and beer. Established in 1981, the Giesen Brothers are seen as one of the pioneers of the New Zealand wine industry and leaders in producing Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc. The Company has grown into a strong brand both domestically and also on the international stage, where they export premium quality wine across the world.
We are now looking for Cellar Hands to join our Marlborough team for our 2020 Harvest and we’d love you to join us.
To be successful, you will:
- Be energetic, motivated and hard-working
- Exhibit a passion for making wine and the wine industry
- Be able to problem solve, work under pressure and have strong attention to detail
- Have good English speaking and writing skills
- Be physically fit and have a great attitude
- Have worked a vintage or two with prior cellar experience (although it’s not essential, as we have comprehensive training)
In return, we will:
- provide you with immigration support and on-going pre-vintage communication
- offer you competitive remuneration
- provide you with the opportunity to grow your skills and experience, and receive full in-house training on all vintage SOPs
- feed you with delicious vintage meals and assist you with sourcing accommodation
- provide you with an awesome environment and the opportunity to work with a world class team of hardworking passionate people – and of course, it’s your chance to have your national flag flying at the winery!
The Harvest employment period is March to May. Shift work will be required and during the peak of vintage you’ll be working up to 12-hour shifts, across 6 days.
If you are keen to branch out, we’d love to hear from you today, so please apply via the button above, or send your CV to:
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about working in New Zealand, visit the Immigration Department website: www.immigration.govt.nz
- For information about New Zealand's Inland Revenue Department (for tax purposes and getting tax numbers etc), visit www.ird.govt.nz
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.
- Jobseekers should be aware that the start and finish dates of harvest work employment may change from those suggested by wineries at the time of your job offer. Vintage dates can not accurately be predicted.
It is therefore important that you understand that depending on your employment arrangements with the employer there may be a period of time where you have no work or less work than you were expecting, and should have sufficient financial arrangements in place should this occur. Your actual start and finish dates may vary - if you have queries around this, check with your winery employer before booking airline tickets etc.