Vineyard Machinery Operator
Company: Greystone Wines
Uploaded: 14 August 2019
Closes: 30 August 2019
Greystone Wines is a progressive, innovative, family-owned company based in North Canterbury. We grow and produce exceptional Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, Pinot Gris and Sauvignon Blanc, focusing on celebrating site and seasonal variation. Our vineyards are located on the slopes at the base of Mt Cass in the North Canterbury micro-climate, in perfect grape growing country.
We are currently looking for an experienced Vineyard Machinery Operator to join our small, quality-focused team. Initially, this will be on a fixed-term basis to cover the upcoming growing season. All of our vineyards are organically certified and with 50 hectares of vineyard over 185 hectares of property, the role can be quite diverse at times.
The role is full-time, 40 hours a week. We are looking for someone with the flexibility to move with the season, with the possibility of more than 40 hours based on seasonal demand. You will report directly to the Vineyard Manager and strive for quality and efficiency at all times.
Main duties will include:
- Safe and efficient operation of all machinery and implements.
- Daily and monthly maintenance of all machinery and implements.
- Undertake all aspects of vineyard machinery operation, including Braun undervine weeding, canopy spraying, mowing, mulching, trimming, leaf plucking, and netting.
- Working with the Vineyard Manager to schedule work and ensure the timing of operations is optimum.
- Assisting the Company Viticulturist and Vineyard Manager to operate and maintain the irrigation and frost system.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience operating and maintaining all specified machinery and implements, however, experience in an associated machinery field will be considered.
- Have a full, clean drivers licence, ideally with a W and F endorsement.
- Have chemical handling training including current Growsafe and Approved Handler, however, training will be provided.
- Strong communication, organisational and time management skills.
- A current first aid certificate is a benefit, however, training will be provided.
Applicants will have:
- A strong work ethic, be a team player and have a positive, can-do attitude.
- A commitment to health and safety in the workplace.
- The ability to work as part of a team, as well as operating independently.
- A practical nature with strong common-sense skills.
- A focus on accuracy and efficiency and being adaptable to change.
- A good level of physical fitness, health and excellent vision with the ability to operate a tractor for a full 8-hour day.
Candidates must be eligible to work full-time in New Zealand, submit an application no later than the 30th of August 2019 and be available between the 2nd and 13th of September for potential interviews.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For more information about the Canterbury / Waipara wine region, click here