Vineyard Machinery Operator
Uploaded: 13 August 2019
Closes: 30 August 2019
We are seeking an experienced Vineyard Machinery Operator to join Rippon’s small and friendly team. Working closely with and reporting to the Vineyard Manager, this position is full-time, usually 40 hours per week, with some flexibility required for seasonal demands.
Applicants must have proven and strong experience in tractor driving and a practical understanding of mechanics, preferably with an interest in the horticultural and/or viticultural industry. Applicants will need excellent time management and initiative, with an understanding of seasonal vineyard duties.
Main Duties will include:
- Working closely with the Vineyard Manager and vineyard team to schedule various tasks and timings of tractor passes
- Maintenance and servicing of vineyard tractors, front-end loader, ATV and other farm machinery
- Seasonal spraying with a late-model Cima 1000L, tractor mounted, over row sprayer
- Undervine cultivation with a Braun cultivation system and associated attachments
- Use and maintenance of trimmer, mower, mulcher, plow, net roller
- Maintaining Health and Safety in the workplace
It would be beneficial, but not essential for the applicant to have:
- GrowSafe and Approved Handlers Certification
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Welding experience
- Working knowledge of irrigation systems
- Have an existing and ongoing right to work in New Zealand
- Be based in or around Wanaka
- Submit an application with a current CV and employment references no later than the 30th August 2019
- Be available for an interview in the first week of September 2019
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Central Otago wine Region, click here.