Vintage at Whitehaven!
Company: Whitehaven Wine Company
Uploaded: 01 October 2019
Closes: 01 November 2019
Whitehaven Wine Company is a family-owned, premium wine producer in Marlborough, New Zealand, producing outstanding regional examples of Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Noir and a range of other varieties and styles from our 7,500 Tonne crush winery.
We are now accepting applications from physically-fit and motivated individuals wanting to join our small and friendly winery team for vintage 2020!
Vintage starts early-March and runs for 7 weeks, with around 3 weeks of shift work operating 12-hours a day, 7-days per week. During the shift period we provide a hot meal each day.
Whitehaven provides onsite training for all areas as well as a Health and Safety induction for all employees. We have transport available to and from the winery and can provide accommodation support, if needed.
We are seeking team leaders capable of managing a small crew of up to 6 staff in either the press area or white cellar.
Ideal applicants will have proven experience working in a medium-to-large winery in similar roles, excellent communication skills and a strong H&S focus.
We are looking for team members with experience in the following areas to join us in the Cellar - preference will be shown to those with forklift experience:
- Press area
- Red cellar
- White cellar
We are looking for experienced Lab Technicians to join our lab team. These positions will involve all routine analysis of juice and wine samples. Preference will be shown to those with experience in enzymatic analysis using a spectrophotometer.
Ideally you will have:
- A team player attitude and great sense of humour
- At least one vintage experience
- Strong communication skills
- Attention to detail
- A good level of fitness
- A proven track record of previous experience in similar roles
- A focus on safety
- Legal requirements to work in NZ. While those with legal requirements to work in NZ will have an advantage in securing a position, Whitehaven can help in supporting some work visas.
Please indicate in your cover letter which position you are applying for (Supervisor, Cellar or Lab).
Please email applications and a current CV, listing all relevant experience, via the button above or email to the address below:
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about working in New Zealand, visit the Immigration Department website: www.immigration.govt.nz
- For information about New Zealand's Inland Revenue Department (for tax purposes and getting tax numbers etc), visit www.ird.govt.nz
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.
- Jobseekers should be aware that the start and finish dates of harvest work employment may change from those suggested by wineries at the time of your job offer. Vintage dates can not accurately be predicted.
It is therefore important that you understand that depending on your employment arrangements with the employer there may be a period of time where you have no work or less work than you were expecting, and should have sufficient financial arrangements in place should this occur. Your actual start and finish dates may vary - if you have queries around this, check with your winery employer before booking airline tickets etc.