Vintage Cellar Hands
Company: Delegat Limited
Uploaded: 04 November 2019
Closes: 07 February 2020
We have opportunities for Vintage Cellar Hands to join our teams based in Marlborough and Hawkes Bay.
The Marlborough winery is a large and modern facility with a 35,000 tonne capacity and focuses primarily on the Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay and Pinot Noir varieties which are all harvested locally.
The Hawkes Bay winery is a new facility with a 10,000 tonne capacity and focuses primarily on the Merlot, Pinot Gris and Chardonnay varieties which are all harvested locally.
Our Vintage Cellar Hands are involved in various winemaking and cellar operations from grape receival through to fermentation management, filtering and cooperage. Employment would commence between late-February/March 2020 through to approximately late-April 2020, with peak work patterns consisting of 12-hours per day, six to seven days per week.
We support our vintage team by providing competitive pay rates, thorough in-house training, immigration support, local information packs, daily transport to and from the winery (Marlborough only), personal protective equipment and vintage meals.
We have positions available for experienced Cellar Hands as well as people with a keen interest in the wine industry. All applicants will require sound attention to detail, strong interpersonal and team skills, a self-starting attitude with the energy, motivation, and stamina required to be effective in a dynamic and demanding environment.
If you are a confident, capable and motivated individual who would like to join our passionate team for a truly rewarding vintage experience, please apply via the button above. For further information please contact Gemma Wilkinson on Gemma.Wilkinson@delegat.com.
- For information about working in New Zealand, visit the Immigration Department website: www.immigration.govt.nz
- For information about New Zealand's Inland Revenue Department (for tax purposes and getting tax numbers etc), visit www.ird.govt.nz
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.
- Jobseekers should be aware that the start and finish dates of harvest work employment may change from those suggested by wineries at the time of your job offer. Vintage dates can not accurately be predicted.
It is therefore important that you understand that depending on your employment arrangements with the employer there may be a period of time where you have no work or less work than you were expecting, and should have sufficient financial arrangements in place should this occur. Your actual start and finish dates may vary - if you have queries around this, check with your winery employer before booking airline tickets etc.
- For information about the Hawkes Bay wine region, click here.