Hospitality Pro Wanted for our CRU!
Company: Smith & Sheth
Uploaded: 05 August 2019
Closes: 05 September 2019
Seeking experienced wine and hospitality pro for part-time position.
Smith & Sheth is looking for a switched-on, professional and knowledgeable individual with hospitality experience to join our CRU.
This is a part-time, front-of-house position in our elegant, cosy and friendly Cellar Door and Wine Lounge, located in the heart of Havelock North.
Our opening hours include daytimes (Cellar Door) and evenings (Wine Lounge), so willingness to work weekends and some flexibility is a must. We are looking for someone ready to start mid-September.
The successful applicant will:
- Smile often
- Be passionate about people and delivering the best service experience every time
- Possess above average wine/beverage and food knowledge with a passion to keep learning! Formal wine training is a huge plus!
- Be proficient in wine service standards
- Be available daytimes and weekends and/or evenings
- Have at least 3 years of hospitality experience; ideally some of this experience is working in a wine-focused environment
- Be a team player, happy to lend a hand where needed and jump into the work that needs to be done, whatever the job
- Thrive in a high-energy environment; you are quick on your feet and work calmly under pressure
- Be diligent in using downtime productively - taking the initiative to accomplish tasks
- Possess excellent oral communication skills and possess the ability to interact in a natural and professional manner with guests
- Have a sense of ownership over your role
More about us:
Aotearoa New Zealand Fine Wine Estates (AONZ) is a wine-focused, family-run company based in Hawkes Bay in the north island and is the parent company responsible for a family of three wine brands: Pyramid Valley, Lowburn Ferry and Smith & Sheth CRU. Between these three wine brands, our reach spans both the north and south island of New Zealand, with acclaimed vineyards in Central Otago, North Canterbury, Hawkes Bay and Marlborough. Our aim as a company that represents some of the best vineyards in New Zealand, is to share the pleasure, culture and craft of wine.
In January of 2019 we opened a unique cellar door and wine bar in downtown Havelock North. This venue allows us to deliver a high-end wine tasting and wine-bar experience and reinforce the fine wine credentials of the AONZ wine brands, all in one place. We see ourselves as classy, while at the same time friendly, knowledgeable and down to earth. The space we’ve created is welcoming and cosy and exists as a place for everyone to come and enjoy good atmosphere, good wine and good hospitality.
More about you:
You care about building something awesome together with some pretty awesome people.
If you have the attributes and qualifications we’re looking for, we would love to hear from you! Please apply via the button above, or email your CV and cover letter to: Sonja@aonzfinewine.com
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Hawkes Bay wine region, click here.